Wednesday 13 August 2008

Why this blog

Condor and Delphi have started this blog as a forum for women to share experiences and information that may help us to walk the path of the heart through these crazy times.

I have chosen the name Delphi for a couple of reasons. One comes from the conversation I had with my father the night before he died over two decades ago. He quoted the inscription from the temple at Delphi, "Know thyself in order that thou shalt know God." As I am no fan of the jumped up thunder god and am more comfortable with the concept of immanence to that of transcendence, I prefer the word Spirit instead God. Anyway, my father said he wished he'd paid more attention to learning about himself, and his regret has spurred me on to explore the inner realms, the spiritual life, the path of the heart or whatever you want to call it.
The second reason for Delphi comes from two drawings. The first came from a workshop I did in the 80s, the other was done by a Russian psychic who called it my soul symbol. Both feature the ancient Greek capital delta - a triangle - contained within a circle cut by a vertical line - the Greek phi.

So what are we going to write about? I expect a lot of references to those websites that have helped me deal with the weirdness of current energies. I am hugely grateful to Celia Fenn and Starchild Global in South Africa, and to Karen Bishop in the USA. The number of times that I have felt physical symptoms and unaccountable emotions and then had them described by Karen are too many to detail. Thank you both very much!

I am also grateful to Aluna Joy, especially for her article in January 2007 that began the disentanglement from my now ex and for the message from the Hathors and the Oracle of Delhi(!) that explained the sort of person I had been dealing with.

Maybe the most important reason for the blog is that I believe that we are in a massive shift in consciousness. I used to call it the Return of the Goddess, and envisage it as an appreciation of the real deep feminine, and as an acceptance of the cycle of birth life death rebirth. I never anticipated that the process of reemergence would be quite so fraught - and that is the politest word I can think of. I am a fairly political animal and I watch the unfolding of events on the world stage with as little anger and fear as I can manage by reminding myself that these guys - and they are mostly men - are a) the silver back males who will be the last to adapt and change, and b) are doing the job perfectly as their job is to wake the rest of us up. Ah but why does the stick have to be so vicious when the carrot is so tasty?

No comments: